Monday 4 May 2009

I got old in 2009!

I might sound a bit odd but I have identified 2009 as the year I got old. So what makes me say this? There are the usual signs of ageing such as grey hairs apearing, the hair line receading or the thinning of hair on top or any combination of the three. There are other signs too which I will share with you.
1. Gardening: While I dont really enjoy it, I do take great pride in the work I have done. I also find myself in places like B&Q wondering the aisles looking at all the items available to me so that I can make my garden even more pretty.
2. Driving: I used to be a 'speed freak', driving as fast as I dare, stupid realy considering the pathetic cars I have owned. I can honestly say I have no desire drive like this anymore. I am far more laid back and my dream car is no longer a super sports car but the more family orientated estate or SUV.
3. Music & Radio: My radio station of choice for a long time has been Radio 1, but recently I have found myself turning over to either Radio 2 or anything else. Is todays pop music not appealing to me anymore or am I craving something different? I don't know but I am, through my own free will and choice listening to and appreciating different genras of music. I still love my dance, trance, electonic music but not all the time.
4. The Great Outdoors: It has taken me a long time to appreciate this and I am dissapointed in myself because of it. My wife and I have taken up running recently as a form of exercise. This has been driven by the fact that the gym is now too expensive, the race for life events are becoming increasingly popular & possibly the publicity Mt Killamanjaro recieved during the BBC's Comic Relief this year. My wife decided that it would be a great achievement to climb Mt Snowdon. So we did. We loved it. It was hard work and a great workout but we are now looking fwd to our next outdoor adventure. We have come to appreciate the joys and benifits of walking & hiking and have great respect for those who do this as a regular thing and especially for parents who encourage their children to do this with them.
5. I'm Grumpy: And not just a little bit, so much so that I have been labeled grumpy by those that are close to me. Two main reasons, I have a mortgage and am struggling with that, I was supposed to get easier but the way things are at the moment thats not happened, and my wife is my nemisis! We get along great but there are one or two thing that are really important to me that are not important to her. So while she needs to make an effort to meet my needs I need to make an effort to be more tollerant. Until then a lil frustration will seep out of my personality.

All of these things I noticed in the 1st half of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment