Thursday 14 May 2009

Rant: MP's Espenses

I can't bare it any longer, I've kept quiet long enouth, so even if I am ranting to myself it helps.

I just read the following story about an MP couple who have two homes and each one is claiming living expenses on each home, effectively living rent and mortgage free.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/5322961/Andrew-MacKay-resigns-over-unacceptable-claims-MPs-expenses.html

While they may defend themselves by reminding us that this is legal it is still no excuse. I'm sure when the system was set up it was set up with guidelines. I'll bet that these guidelines have been relaxed over the years and as a result it has been abused.

Yes it is legal, but almost every MP is guilty of abusing the system and benifiting from it as much as possible. That is an act of disshonesty and greed.

These are the guy we write to when we have problems, sometimes asking for funding for projects, while our requests may not be granted, they will see to it that their expense request is!

As a side note isn't it interesting to see how 'the expense system' has broken bown over the years while at the same time 'the banking system' has done the same. Why was that? Greedy bankers willing to take greater risks? I think so. As a result we have an economy in recession with millions of households struggling. Sounds to me like something has gone seriously wrong.

I'm greatful for what has happened here, with the telegraph publishing this info, as this will hopefully put a stop to this sort of thing happening not just in parlament but possibly in other organisations also. I also hope that other investigations are carried out in other areas of businesses and so forth. The money saved by putting a stop to such greed could be massive and do so much good elsewhere.

Did it not occur to any of these MP's that their unnecessary claims could be pulling funding from other resources and potentially putting people out of work are depriving a comunity of a worthwile project.

"Thank for looking after me all you MP's (and bankers)!" Or should you be thanking me for lining your pockets?!"

You are supposed to be here to serve me, I'm not here to serve you. Lets remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment