Monday 4 May 2009

Job Situation.

As I read back through my blog I notice that I have not informed you of my job status. (Just in case there is anybody out there that is interested). As it turns out my Job is safe. I work for an agency and they find me work. If there is no work then the manpower they employ is no longer needed. While the project I was working on has pretty much come to an end I was moved onto another project. I am now working on an new aircraft for Bombardier and I am learning newskills and methods to work. I suspect I will be on this project for a while.

Some of the guys I was working with were not so lucky to be relocated onto another project and they have had to look for work elsewhere. Many of the guys I was working with believe I was kept on because while I am young I am still cheap. My agency can make more money out of me. This worries me a bit as I will be asking for regular reviews and there will be a point where I might be pushing my luck and my agency might choose to continue using someone else over me. Ultimately it is all about money, and I'm no different. Iwanna earn as much as possible.

This whole given notice thing has been a good experience for me, even though I never found myself out of work I did go through the motions. I updated my CV right away and posted it on many jobsites. I set up job alerts and have identified where I need to turn if this happens again. I have also identified the need to have some real savings so that we could survive for a while if needs be. And I learned that I had help out there through family and friends in the form of advice, prayer and fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment