Friday 18 September 2015

A little Pleasure

Pretty much all jobs in my church are voluntary, unpaid and are carried out in addition to all the other responsibilities of life including full time work. This includes bishops, teachers, group leaders and even missionary work.

My current responsibility is to run a series of self help classes (Self Reliance classes). It can be exhausting serving in the church. Sometimes you don't want to do it.you are tired, there are jobs that need doing at home, or another reason could simply be because I'd rather go home to my dinner.

Every Thursday I'm giving up an evening to help some fellow members. We were discussing education. And I was talking to a guy called John. john want to train to be a joiner. He's into his 50's and does not own a computer or use the internet. I had the idea to show him some of the virtues of the internet. There is lots of learning to be found there. I pulled up you tube and searched 'joinery' and was able to show him a load of training videos about his subject. When I showed him I saw something that I wasn't expecting. Something that made the sacrifice of my dinner that evening worth it.



He smiled. He grinned. He was amazed & delighted that such information is available to him and anyone to help him improve. It was a pleasure to whiteness.

No comments:

Post a Comment